City tours and excursions for groups
Aix-en-Provence Tourist Office provides a range of themed group tours in the historic city center (2 hours walking tour) as well as day trips into the surroundings.
All visits are subject to reservation and availability.
Services of guides must be cancelled by email at least 3 working days beforehand. Otherwise, the service will be charged at the normal rate.
|Guided walking tour
Groups < 30 pax
|Tour by coach
1 guide per coach
|The Aix-en-Provence Old Town tours **
duration : 2 hours*
|Half day excursion
duration : 4 hours
Morning – between 9am and 1pm
Afternoon – between 2pm and 6pm
|Full day excursion
duration : 8 hours
8 hours of presence between 8am and 7pm
|Thematic tour***||+ € 40|
|Foreign language||+ € 40|
|Guide’s meal if full day excursion||–||+ € 20|
|Additional hour begun||+ € 40|
|Service ending after 7pm||+ € 40|
|Service on a Sunday||+ 50 %|
|Service on a public holiday||+ 100 %|
|* rates from, including VAT (valid until 31/12/23)
** subject to availability
*** e.g. “Cezanne walking tour”, “Aix and its fountains”, …
Here are a few ideas for themes on offer from our guides service. Other themes are available on request, depending on availability.
- Aix-en-Provence, its history and the sights not to be missed (2 hours): not to be missed: the most complete guided tour to get to know the old town!
- In the footsteps of Cezanne (2 hours):: a walking tour in the footsteps of the painter Paul Cezanne. An invitation to follow him to the most remarkable places of his native city.
- Aix private mansions (2 hours): a walking tour to see what is hiding behind the exquisite façades.
- The jewels of old Aix, squares and fountains (2 hours): explore the sometimes hidden or forgotten stories of the remarkable squares and fountains in Old Aix!
- Hidden heritage in Aix old town (2 hours): beneath its exuberant exterior, Aix hides its history in details that are only known to those who love the city best.
- Aix off the beaten tracks (2 hours): this guided tour joyfully combines Ella Fitzgerald, the plague, love stories, the National 7 road and Street Art to take you on a voyage of discovery to the little-known history of Aix-en-Provence.
City tours for individuals
Throughout the year, the Tourist Office organises a range of guided tours of the town, which can be purchased from the Tourist Office or online.
Individual rates 2023
Full: 12 € per person
Reduced: 7 € per person
Free for children aged 0 to 6, accompanied by their parents