Visits of the town with qualified guides belonging to the Culture Ministry
Walking tour (duration 2 hours), several themes are available.
CITY TOUR TO ADD TO YOUR CLIENTS STAY
Nathalie Lemelle Tel. +33 (0)4 42 16 11 65 Fax. +33 (0)4 42 16 11 62 send an email
Guided Tours for group Net rates 2016
|Supplements||City Tour||Excursions 1 guide per bus|
walking tour : 125€ (30 pax. max)
|1/2 day (5h) : 180€ full day (8h) : 260€|
|Foreign language||35 €|
|Started extra hour||35 €|
|Guide's meal||16 €|
|Tour of the city after 7 p.m.||35 €|
|Extra charge on May 1st||+ 100 %|
|Tour of the city or 1/2 day||35 €||70 €|
|Full day||70 €||140 €|
|Written cancellation of the guide service 48 h in advance, by fax or mail, otherwise the service will be charged.|
Several themes are available, information on our website. Times may change due to events in the city. No tours on 1 January, 1 May, 14 July, 15 August, 25 December
Net rates 2016
Public fare : 9 € per pax Reduced fare : 4 € per pax + Entries (to be listed) Free for children from 0 to 6 years old with their parentsTickets available at the Tourist Office.
The "Top-themes" :
- Discover old Aix tour (2h) An introductory tour that will show you the best of the city's artistic heritage.
- Cézanne walking tour (2h) A walking tour following the footsteps of the painter Paul Cézanne, who invites you to see the most striking places in the town where he was born.
- The splendour and décor of the private mansions (2h) A walking tour to discover what is hidden behind the sumptuous facades.
|In addition to the above tours :|
A more in-depth visit by district : Mazarin, Villeneuve, Prêcheurs, Bourg Saint-Sauveur, Faubourg Notre-Dame, Cours Mirabeau, Villeverte...
Aix and its fountains, Aix in the Baroque Age, Medieval Aix
Tour of the Entremont Oppidum, King René in Aix, The metamorphoses of Aix.
Frédéric PaulTel. +33 (0)6 29 67 62 81 - send an email www.levisibleestinvisible.fr
- The secrets of the great history and the stories of Aix (À Aix le visible est invisible (walking tour - 2h30)) Did you know that history of Aix en Provence is not limited to Cézanne and the good King René ? That all over the city, are hiding incredible things, you've probably never noticed ? You know, those things which we pass hundreds of times without more see them. Those things which one wonders what it may well be without ever going to look further. Today you have the opportunity to see the invisible, to visit Aix, to discover or rediscover the city with another look and go back in time during a fun and interactive ride. Come share and give free rein to your imagination. Come make your own city and share the secrets of the great history and the stories of Aix and off the beaten. A journey in time through the eras of ancient Rome to the present day to discover these unnoticed details and small stories that make the great history of Aix. Meeting place : Place des Martyrs de la Resistance, in front of the war memorial.
- Those things which you are unaware that they exist (À Aix l'invisible est ailleurs (walking tour - 2h30)) With the journey "in Aix the invisible is elsewhere" I'll show you that you have not yet sufficiently opened the eyes and that there are still things to discover, taking you outside city centre in this otherwise not so distant. From Roman history to the "Grand Théâtre de Provence" we will cross the eras. How many times have you seen these things you do not see ? How many times have you passed through those things which you are unaware that they exist ? For more than a year with "in Aix visible is invisible" I showed you need to open your eyes to see all the riches that this city contains. This second journey in Aix is not a sequel but is complementary to the first. For a little more than 2 hours we will emerge from the old city to see that the story of Aix is not confined to this border is today the device. The journey through time looking for missing wonders is that most epic.
Meeting place: Town Hall, on the steps of the Fountain Square.Net rates 2015 Individual : 10 € per pax Group (from 10 pax) : on RQ
Secrets d'iciRichness and Treason T+33 (0)7 82 22 68 65 www.secretsdici.fr firstname.lastname@example.org Schedule From January 1st to December 31st. Every Tuesday and Thursday through Sunday. From 8:45 to 12:30 or 14:30 to 18:30. Prices € 37.00 per person (gastronomic aperitif included) Method of Payment Credit card (on the internet only), cash, check. Equipement/Gear, Services and Conditions Bring :
- Comfortable Shoes
- Sunscreen & hat
Embark on an adventure to discover the hidden treasures and the unusual stories of the Aix region and the Sainte-Victoire mountain!
Your journey will begins at the "Versailles of Aix” castle/palace, well-known for its royal celebrations. Not far away, in the hills, you will discover astonishing landscapes.
You will then follow the old royal road to discover a testimony of the local folk art. Once at the cliffside, some nestled secrets will be revealed to you. Thus Arthur, a passionate historian and archaeologist, will recount to you the World War II’s Resistance Movements.
You will learn about of the Temple's Order’s Knights and, a little further, you will lose your way in an elegant boxwood labyrinth before unlocking the mysteries of the disappeared palaces and castles.
Finally, golden places normally closed to the public will be opened to you and will reveal incredible monuments. "The cursed house" will lift its veil and then Mylène, your guide, will share the story that affected her family and village with you.
The half-day experience will end with a Provencal aperitif served at "La Table de Beaurecueil" in a wonderful setting.
Association Aix, Culture and Heritage1037 avenue Victor Hugo 13122 Ventabren Tél : +33 (0)4 42 92 08 17 Port : +33 (0)6 13 63 69 24 send an email www.aix-culture-et-patrimoine.com The Association of Aix and Pays d'Aix Tour Guides offers a wide range of cultural tours around Aix and the surrounding area:
- exploring the treasures of the city and surrounding area, on varied themes focusing on the many facets of art
- history, both great and small
- lifestyle, guided by a rich heritage of traditions and outstanding sites of natural beauty